Gina D. Nisbeth is the founder and President of 9th & Clinton, a national firm that provides strategic advisory and investment structuring expertise to real estate developers, fund managers, nonprofits and for-profit organizations investing for impact.
Previously, Gina was a Director at Citi in the Structured Lending & Investments Group. Spanning over two decades, her most recent role was as Citi’s inaugural Executive in Residence with a minority deposit institution, where she established Unity National Bank’s community development finance platform.
On July 27th, 2021, Gina discussed a program that allows the firm’s bankers and traders to spend time working at Black-owned banks. She spoke with Jennifer Zabasajja on “Quicktake Charge.” (Source: Bloomberg). Check out the video here.
Prior to that, Gina managed Citi’s national $1 billion New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) investments and its $800 million community development-focused private equity investments including transaction origination, structuring and portfolio management.
In 2020, Gina was tapped to deploy $200 million of private equity capital with Black fund managers and $50 million of loan participation opportunities with minority-owned banks for affordable housing preservation and development as part of Citi’s $1 billion commitment to racial equity.
A graduate of Rutgers College (B.A., Political Science) and an Eagleton Institute of Politics Undergraduate Fellow, Gina later received an M.B.A. from The Fox School of Business at Temple University with a concentration in Finance. She has completed a graduate certificate in Creative Cities and Economic Development at New York University.
Jeff Monge is the managing partner of Monge Capital, a Latino-owned firm focused on providing advisory services and capital solutions for complex large scale business and real estate projects that provide investor market returns and community social impacts. Monge capital leverages its economic development and private equity experience with a strong knowledge of urban development and real estate finance to maximize results for clients. Monge Capital has many years of experience with direct equity investing and the usage of a variety of City, State and Federal financing programs including a niche focus on New Market Tax Credits, Historic Tax Credits, Opportunity Zones, and flexible financing options. While principally Monge Capital speaks to the needs of their clients including developers, operating businesses, nonprofits and municipalities, Monge Capital participates in direct investing as well.
Jeff is featured on The Intelligent Developers Podcast, Episode 7, August 16, 2021, entitled: Putting Structured Finance to Work for the Community. Check it out here.
Jeff graduated from SUNY Polytechnic Institute in Utica, NY with a Master in Business Management and a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering Technology.
As a Financial Advisor and Founder of Billups Financial, Rashidah “Roz” Billups has over a decade of experience in the finance industry including banking & technology, investmentadvisory, risk management, and strategic business planning. A recent graduate of Open Access, Roz made a significant impact at New Jersey Community Corporation, as the NJCC New Markets Tax Credit Lending and Compliance Fellow. Roz is excited to join Open Access as its first Executive Director and shares her primary goals for the 2022-23 Cycle.
- Make Open Access the premier program CDFIs endorse and look to support by offering more ways to donate, with the launch of our virtual Giving Campaign and Annual Gala.
- Expand the program beyond NMTC by forming new strategic partnerships while deepening our existing relationships among industry professionals.
- Recruit top talent nationally, Fellows passionate about their community with a strong desire to influence change.
- Transform the digital presence of Open Access by increasing visibility and strengthening its online presence to become the choice fellowship for applicants looking to work in community development finance.
- Increase engagement among Fellows by expanding our course offerings, incorporating a highly interactive curriculum, culminating with a Virtual Symposium annually.
- Increase exposure for graduates by offering ongoing training and career support via the creation of a Fellows Only accessible database with current job opportunities, career coaching, and recommended industry events and groups to join
- Utilize technology to track program success and sponsor ROI with clearly defined DEl metrics such as projects managed, deal inclusions, dollars spent on Fellows, and the number of new roles taken immediately following program completion.
Liliana Aide Monge
Liliana Aide Monge, founder & CEO of Sabio, is a social entrepreneur that believes in the power of the <script> tag. Coming from an economic development background, she found it important to find opportunities that empowered the community. Sabio allows individuals to transform their lives through their careers.
As a tech entrepreneur that believes in the power of high-caliber training and education, she is driven to help people become exceptional technical professionals and is pleased to serve as a board member for the Open Access team.